This public webinar is jointly hosted by CESAER Task Force Sustainability and Science Europe and is taking place as part of the third Task Force Sustainability meeting in-person in Lund, Sweden.
Location, date and time
Online using zoom on Thursday 20 April from 14:00 to 15:00 local Brussels time.
Please register following this link.
Programme and speakers
Check our booklet here!
Connection details will be shared via email to all registered participants.
On 3 November 2022, CESAER, the European University Association (EUA), the International Sustainable Campus Network (ISCN), Science Europe, the Network of Universities from Capital Cities (UNICA), and the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, UK), jointly organised the COP27 lead-up event on “Interdisciplinarity for the Net-Zero Transition”. This Symposium came about following the Call to Action to Research and Higher Education Organisations for the Net-Zero Transition launched at the COP26 held in Glasgow in 2021.
Goals and themes
The goal of this webinar is to:
- Present the joint and launch report ‘Interdisciplinarity for the Net-Zero Transition. The perspectives of universities and research organisations.’
- Introduce new partners to the Sci4Net0 partnership.
- Present contributions of other networks to sustainability.
Notification of recording
This event will be recorded and shared as an unlisted video directly with participants. If you have any questions or concerns please inform Louise Drogoul at least one day before the meeting.
- Welcome and introduction by Alberto Garrido (UPM)
- Presentation of key messages of report “Interdisciplinarity for the Net-Zero Transition. The perspectives of universities and research organisations”, by Nicola Francesco Dotti (Science Europe) and Louise Drogoul (CESAER)
- Presentation of the ALLEA report “Climate Sustainability in the Academic Sector”, by Astrid Eichhorn (ALLEA)
- Presentation of the SELs-Network by Martin Farley (Founder and Coordinator of SELs)
- Closing remarks by Alberto Garrido (UPM)