CESAER is the strong and united voice of universities of science and technology in Europe. We:
- were founded in 1990 as not-for-profit association under Belgian law (AISBL);
- are hosted by KU Leuven on its science and technology campus;
- unite over 50 leading research-intensive specialised and comprehensive universities of science and technology in Europe and beyond;
- are an acknowledged stakeholder organisation for the European Research Area and the Open Science Policy Platform;
- are recognised as a ‘Key European Stakeholder for Research Policy’ by the European Parliamentary Research Service.
- educate over 1 million students, of which over 180,000 (17%) are international;
- employ over 88,000 academic staff;
- in 2019 were awarded 463 European Research Council projects, 1156 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions fellowships and over 4146 collaborative projects with a collective combined value of €3.1 billion;
- 48 Members are listed in THE World ranking, 20 listed in QS world ranking and 14 took part in new THE Impact ranking.
For more information, please consult our Annual Reports 2018 and 2019, our Articles of Association (Dutch version) and our Internal Regulations.