Our Board of Directors has appointed (Co-) Chairs for the Task Force Openness of Science & Technology, Task Force Learning & Teaching, Task Force Innovation, Task Force Benchmark, Task Force Human Resources and Task Force Sustainable Funding. They will take office as of 1 January 2022.
The Board of Directors on 7 December appointed the following persons as (Co-) Chairs of six task forces:
- Jennifer Herek (Dean of Faculty Science and Technology at University of Twente) & Simone Rehm (Vice Rector for Information Technology at University of Stuttgart) for the Task Force Openness of Science & Technology;
- Henrik Pedersen (Dean of Technical Faculty of IT & Design at Aalborg University), Roberto Zanino (Rector's Delegate for PhD Programmes and International University Networks at Politecnico di Torino) & Marc Zolver (Director of International Affairs of CentraleSupélec at Université Paris-Saclay) for the Task Force Learning & Teaching;
- Tim Bedford (Associate Principal Research & Knowledge Exchange at University of Strathclyde) and Toril Hernes (Pro-Rector for Innovation at Norwegian University of Science and Technology) for the Task Force Innovation;
- Peter Elspass (Head of University Development & Controlling at Leibniz University Hannover) for the Task Force Benchmark;
- Anna Steiger (Vice Rector Human Resources & Gender at TU Wien) for the Task Force Human Resources;
- Christian Gerhardts (Head of European Project Center at TU Dresden) & Wendy Sonneveld (Senior Policy Adviser European Affairs at Ghent University) for the Task Force Sustainable Funding.
The Board thanks all appointees for their willingness to co-chair the task forces and co-lead the implementation of the Work Plan from 2022 to 2023.
The Board expressed its highest appreciation and gratitude to the outgoing Chairs, who leave the leadership of our association as of 1 January 2022:
- Max Lu from the University of Surrey who led our Task Force Key Technologies from 2020 to 2021;
- Lars Börjesson from Chalmers University of Technology who led our Task Force Infrastructures from 2018 to 2021;
- Mads Nygård from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology who led the Task Force Benchmark since 2012;
- Karel Luyben from the Delft University of Technology who held many leadership positions in our association and led Task Force Open Science since 2018.