Mission, scope and objectives
The Task Force Competitive Funding supports our Members in participating in and the shaping of European funding policies and programmes with specific focus on Horizon Europe and Erasmus and provide insights and share best practice concerning competitive funding from regional, national, European and international sources.
The Task Force Competitive Funding has the following objectives:
- Contribute to linking the EU funding programmes with sustainability and the six headline ambitions of the von der Leyen Commission in general and with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG), Green Deal and A Europe fit for the digital age in particular;
- Translate the insights from our work on key technologies for the 21st century and linking SSH with STEM into concrete recommendations for competitive funding policies and instruments at any level;
- Address and advocate on European research, education and innovation funding policies and programmes and constructively engage with policy makers such as the European Commission, Council and Parliament on these topics;
- Contribute to shaping the ERA and the EEA;
- Collaborate closely and forge strategic partnerships - where appropriate - with other stakeholder organisations such as the European University Association (EUA), the League of European Research Universities (LERU), the Universities Informal Liaison Offices Network (UnILiON), the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU), Science Europe, the European Association of Research and Technology Organisations (EARTO), European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT), businesseurope and the broader research communities;
- Promote participation in EU funding programmes and consortia-forming amongst the Members.