Mission, scope and objectives
The Task Force Innovation will support the Members by addressing the strategic positioning of S&T universities in innovation ecosystems, their relation with industry and governments.
The Task Force Innovation will:
- promote the application of novel approaches to disruptive innovation and innovative mindsets amongst the Members;
- elaborate on the various models for funded research between industry and academia, with a focus on Intellectual Property (IP) ownership and transfer models. It is our intention that this will serve to increase the amount of collaborative efforts between our Members and industry, whether via European programmes or by direct contracts;
- contribute to the mobility of talent, i.e. by improving dual career facilities;
- address key innovation policies and programmes, namely the EIC and EUREKA;
- establish better European-level industry liaison, namely through deepening collaboration with EARTO and Business Europe and launch innovative S&T based start-ups and thus contribute to societal development (in collaboration with Task Force Impact and Outreach).